A message from the director:
Hello FIVS Community!
Another great year has been completed but not without some twists and turns due to COVID-19. But, in good Aggie form, our students, staff, and faculty faced the challenge and successfully completed another academic cycle. Even though our spring semester was cut in half as far as in class participation, we were able to complete everything on-line with no issues. Having said that, I want to express my appreciation to the students and staff for their tremendous drive and fortitude. No complaints- just getting the job done! I must say that I am very grateful for everyone’s effort during this tough time. Now- with that said, I would like to congratulate our 2020 Forensic & Investigative Sciences graduates. I, like the other faculty and staff, enjoyed having you as part of our academic community this past year and are really excited to see what the future holds for you. Of course, please keep in mind, you are forever part of the FIVS family and if there is ever anything we can do to assist you, do not hesitate to contact us.
As a special thanks, please find a few notes for some of our wonderful staff and faculty below.
Jeffery K. Tomberlin, PhD, D-ABFE
Director FIVS Program
Rebecca Hapes, Academic Advisor
Congratulations on reaching the graduation milestone and crossing the threshold to the role of former student. I’m so proud of you, everything you have accomplished, and cannot wait to see who you go on to do from here. I have enjoyed being even a small part of your educational journey, and hope you keep us posted on the fabulous things in life in the future.
I wish I had been able to give you a high-five as you entered Reed Arena to walk across stage for graduation, but know that my congratulations for your success does not diminish regardless of location.
So again, congratulations and WHOOP!
Ann Pool, Academic Advisor
Howdy Ags or should I say Former Students!
I wanted to write to each of you to congratulate you on all of your accomplishments over the past four years. I cannot adequately express how proud I am of each of you! I am so sorry that you did not get to walk in your graduation ceremony but please keep in mind that does not diminish all of the achievements you have worked so hard to obtain. You will receive that well-earned diploma and you will be able to celebrate with your family and friends, I hope very soon.
I am excited for each of you as you embark on the next chapter in your life. I wish each of you lots of success and happiness; I know you all will go on to do many big and great things. It has truly been a privilege to be your academic advisor and if I can assist you in any way in your future, please do not hesitate to contact me. It has really been a pleasure getting to know you all and thank you for allowing me to participate in your college career.
As a former student of Texas A&M, I say welcome to the Association and know you will carry on all of the characteristics that make each of us Aggies! Again, I wish each of you all the luck in the world and please stay in touch!
Congratulations and WHOOP!
To see the list of graduates from the department, including FIVS students and where they are going now, visit this link: https://forensics.tamu.edu/2020/05/18/forensics-students-join-record-number-of-graduates-in-spring-2020/
- Aggie professor helps law enforcement find answers in the soil: https://forensics.tamu.edu/2020/04/07/aggie-professor-helps-law-enforcement-find-answers-in-the-soil/
- Students Learn About Forensic Microscopy during Kovar’s Special Topics Course: https://forensics.tamu.edu/2019/12/02/forensic-microscopy/
- Jeff Tomberlin Receives Presidential Impact Fellow: https://forensics.tamu.edu/2019/11/18/tomberlin-receives-presidential-impact-fellow/
- Dr. Tomberlin explains how forensic entomology helps in legal investigations: https://forensics.tamu.edu/2019/10/23/what-is-forensic-entomology-professor-shares-insight-on-how-insects-assist-in-legal-investigations/
- Harlee Schneider Receives Senior Merit Award: https://forensics.tamu.edu/2020/05/19/harlee-schneider-receives-coals-senior-merit-award/
- Graduation Article: https://forensics.tamu.edu/2020/05/18/forensics-students-join-record-number-of-graduates-in-spring-2020/