Congratulations to all of our Forensic and Investigative Sciences students that were recognized at the 20th Annual Undergraduate Entomology Student Banquet on Friday, April 8.
Students and their families convened at the Thomas G. Hildebrand Equine Complex where they were treated to a barbecue dinner and desserts as members of the Aggie Forensic and Investigative Sciences and the Undergraduate Entomology Student Organization led the program.
After the welcome, UESO member Shelby Kilpatrick reported the highlights of the year’s activities for the organization while Stephanie Stratta reported highlights from AFIS and Dr. David Reed provided the keynote address.
- Brandon Hoyer – Perry L. Adkisson Scholarship
- Mya Gates – Department of Entomology Scholarship
- Riley McBroom – Fowden G. and Katherine G. Maxwell Scholarship
- Renee Chu – Paul Truman Riherd Memorial Scholarship
- Zayra Ramos – Dial and Eva Martin Memorial Scholarship
- Emily Parsoneault – Dr. Micky Eubanks Outstanding Faculty Scholarship
- Tanner Truelove-Honorah A. Dore Scholarship
The Department also announced the 2016-2017 cohorts of the Department of Entomology Scholars Society, which is an organization developed to help current students expand their leadership and outreach skills through the enhancement of departmental functions.
These scholars serve as liaisons between faculty, staff and prospective students. Throughout the year, scholars represent the Department and its program by serving as hosts to prospective students, parents and other campus visitors. Forensics students selected as this year’s cohorts are:
- Katherina Kang
- Amy Cooper
- Alexandra Williams
Dr Aaron Tarone received the Department of Entomology’s Professor of the Year Award while Jennifer Pecina received AFIS’ Most Hardworking and Dedicated Member of the Year Award while Ashleigh Faris was announced as the Most Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant of the Year in Forensics.
The officers for the Aggie Forensic and Investigative Sciences Organization were also announced at the end of the banquet. This year’s officers are:
- Katherina Kang – President
- Ashley Yzaguirre – Vice President
- Adriana Peterson –Treasurer
- Jonathan Chang –Secretary
- Tammy Star – Activities Coordinator
- Mya Gates – Historian